- (Anatomy, Cooking)(before noun) (transplant)liver complaint
de hígadoafección (feminine) hepáticaliver disease
dolencia (feminine) hepáticaenfermedad (feminine) del hígadoafección (feminine) hepática [formal]liver pâté liver troubleproblema (masculine) hepático or del hígado
trastorno (masculine) hepático or del hígadoExample sentences
- In the United States, there's a great shortage of donor organs: hearts, livers, lungs, kidneys, pancreases and small intestines.
- Subsequent CT scans of the chest and abdomen revealed the liver, pancreas, and renal cysts unchanged.
- Approximately 88,000 people are on the national organ transplant waiting list, waiting for kidneys, livers, pancreases, intestines, hearts and lungs.
- If you suspect you're not getting enough iron, boost your intake with foods like lean red meat, liver, spinach, and apricots.
- It is by appointment to the Queen and does a huge mail-order range, from calves' liver to French Loue chicken.
- As the vegetables are whisked away a platter of crostini spread with chicken liver pate arrives, but that is not the special part.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.