- 1 (person) holgazán, (masculine, feminine), vago, (masculine, feminine), haragán, (masculine, feminine), flojo, (masculine, feminine) [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
- The sophisticated loafer always finds an excuse to avoid work.
- I was standing by the paddock surveying the latest in a line of equine flatterers and good-for-nothing loafers in which I was about to invest.
- But if we agree that hacks and loafers resort to lies because they don't know how else to make great journalism, what can we say about reporters from the Pantheon who marbled their journalism with fiction?
- 2 (shoe) mocasín (masculine)
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.