Translation of loan in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of money) préstamo (masculine); [Finance] préstamo (masculine), crédito (masculine), empréstito (masculine) [formal] bank loan préstamo or crédito bancario (before noun/delante del nombre) loan account (British English/inglés británico) cuenta (feminine) crediticia loan agreement contrato (masculine) de préstamo loan facility facilidades (feminine plural) de crédito loan fund fondo (masculine) de préstamosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (temporary use) may I have the loan of your umbrella? ¿me prestas el paraguas? the book you want is out on loan el libro que quieres está prestado the rug is on loan from my sister la alfombra me la ha prestado mi hermana
- If anyone wants to take out a loan, borrow money, or get something on hire purchase, they have to agree to a credit check being done on them to make sure they are safe with other people's money.
- Because if you can deduct interest on a loan, invest the money, and earn tax-free profits, you essentially get a government subsidy for investing.
- Managed financial systems allowed capital accumulation to be financed by bank loans at low interest rates, regulated by the monetary authorities.
- Many thanks to Harry Fairbairn BMW for the loan of the test car.
- Thanks to Ian Philp Mercedes-Benz in Glasgow for the loan of our test car.
- Many thanks to Arnold Clark Vauxhall in Pollokshields for the loan of our test car.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- prestar the bank is willing to loan $20,000 el banco está dispuesto a prestar 20.000 dólares many sports clubs will loan out equipment muchos clubs deportivos prestan el equipo to loan sb sth, to loan sth
tosb prestarle algo aalgn can you loan me $20/a wrench? (especially American English/especialmente inglés norteamericano) ¿me prestas or (in Spain also/en España también) me dejas 20 dólares/una llave inglesa?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.