Translation of loan in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of money) bank loanpréstamo or crédito bancario(before noun) loan account (British English)cuenta (feminine) crediticialoan agreementcontrato (masculine) de préstamoloan facilityfacilidades (feminine plural) de créditoloan fundfondo (masculine) de préstamosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (temporary use) may I have the loan of your umbrella?
- If anyone wants to take out a loan, borrow money, or get something on hire purchase, they have to agree to a credit check being done on them to make sure they are safe with other people's money.
- Because if you can deduct interest on a loan, invest the money, and earn tax-free profits, you essentially get a government subsidy for investing.
- Managed financial systems allowed capital accumulation to be financed by bank loans at low interest rates, regulated by the monetary authorities.
¿me prestas el paraguas?the book you want is out on loanel libro que quieres está prestadothe rug is on loan from my sisterla alfombra me la ha prestado mi hermana
- Many thanks to Harry Fairbairn BMW for the loan of the test car.
- Thanks to Ian Philp Mercedes-Benz in Glasgow for the loan of our test car.
- Many thanks to Arnold Clark Vauxhall in Pollokshields for the loan of our test car.
- the bank is willing to loan $20,000el banco está dispuesto a prestar 20.000 dólaresmany sports clubs will loan out equipmentmuchos clubs deportivos prestan el equipoto loan somebody something, to loan something
tosomebodyprestarle algocan you loan me $20/a wrench? (especially American English) aalguien¿me prestas or (in Spain also) me dejas 20 dólares/una llave inglesa?Example sentences
- This could use any land to send its sheep to market - including royal - as it loaned large sums to the crown.
- Family and friends loaned money and helped her to buy the former Muslim girls school.
- Any future credits and moneys loaned will be loaned at a rate of seven percent usury.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.