Translation of lobby in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -bies)
- 1 (entrance hall) vestíbulo (masculine), hall (masculine); (in theater) foyer (masculine)Example sentences
- Clad in bright green glass tiles, the entrance lobby leads to a restful white panelled ante room.
- A glazed tunnel set slightly off axis leads down through the treelined courtyard into the entrance lobby, one level below ground.
- The third strategy (mixed mode) combines natural and artificial ventilation in transition spaces such as lobbies, foyers and the courtyard.
- 2 (in UK) [Politics/Política][ sala donde el público puede entrevistarse con los representantes de un cuerpo legislativo ]Example sentences
- The meeting also decided to ban smoking in the Central Hall and lobbies of Parliament in the light of a Supreme Court order against smoking at all public places in the country.
- In the years I knew him in the lobbies of the parliament, he was not only one of the most agreeable and charming MPs I had to deal with but one of the few people who really seemed to know what was going on.
- Just before the dinner break when we took the vote on the Relationships Bill, inadvertently a vote was cast for one member on our side of the House in both lobbies.
- They were at their brutish best - standing on every possible route into the division lobby as MPs voted on controversial foundation hospitals.
- The last time a Government substantially cut the top income tax rate and the company tax rate was when that member and I passed in the division lobby to vote for them in 1988.
- Since 1997, Labour backbenchers have docilely suffered themselves to be herded through the division lobby with about as much consideration for their feelings as crated veal calves.
- It would be easy to imagine that the reason why the question of pain and late abortion have become connected is because the anti-abortion lobby have exploited the issue.
- This makes it a perfect issue for the anti-abortion lobby to take up.
- He also boasted of being sought by numerous other lobbies, including the Hollywood trade group MPAA and several telecommunications firms.
- The union plans to organise a lobby of the Labour Party conference in Bournemouth this September over manufacturing job losses.
- Last week we organised a lobby of the Lib Dem council to save our school.
- Our next step was to organise a lobby of the next meeting of the Housing Committee.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-bies, -bying, -bied)
- [politicians/delegates] presionar, ejercer* presión sobreto lobby sb
forsth they are lobbying the council for increased subsidies están presionando al ayuntamiento para que aumente las subvenciones
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-bies, -bying, -bied)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.