noun/nombre (plural loci)
- 1.1 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] lugar (masculine) geométricoMore example sentences1.2 [Biology/Biología] locus (masculine)
More example sentences
- The curve can be considered as the locus of a point P defined as follows.
- The catenary is the locus of the focus of a parabola rolling along a straight line.
- Where lines were not common to multiple loci, lines are labeled only to species.
- Genes at a locus that differ by mutations are known as alleles or haplotypes.
- The very large pine genomes are highly repetitive, and microsatellite loci also occur as gene families.
- The data included results of genomic typing at polymorphic loci at or near genes of the autoimmune inflammatory response.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.