Translation of locus in Spanish:
noun plural loci
- 1.1 (Mathematics)Example sentences1.2 (Biology)
locus (masculine)Example sentences
- The curve can be considered as the locus of a point P defined as follows.
- The catenary is the locus of the focus of a parabola rolling along a straight line.
- Where lines were not common to multiple loci, lines are labeled only to species.
- Genes at a locus that differ by mutations are known as alleles or haplotypes.
- The very large pine genomes are highly repetitive, and microsatellite loci also occur as gene families.
- The data included results of genomic typing at polymorphic loci at or near genes of the autoimmune inflammatory response.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.