- 1 [Zoology/Zoología] langosta (f), chapulín (m) (Mexico/México)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Vast swarms of locusts have swept over South Sulawesi in the past few days, destroying rice and secondary crops.
- Swarms of locusts damaged crops and pastures across the state during the autumn.
- Insects such as the red locust, crickets, grasshoppers, and flying ants are collected in season and either fried with salt to make popular snacks or dried for later use.
- We get confused because both cicadas and locust emerge periodically.
- These are known as periodical cicadas but are also commonly called 17-year cicadas, 13-year cicadas, or locusts.
- 2locust (tree) (false acacia) acacia (f) blanca (carob) algarrobo (m)
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.