- 1 [Zool] langosta (f), chapulín (m) (Méx)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Vast swarms of locusts have swept over South Sulawesi in the past few days, destroying rice and secondary crops.
- Swarms of locusts damaged crops and pastures across the state during the autumn.
- Insects such as the red locust, crickets, grasshoppers, and flying ants are collected in season and either fried with salt to make popular snacks or dried for later use.
- We get confused because both cicadas and locust emerge periodically.
- These are known as periodical cicadas but are also commonly called 17-year cicadas, 13-year cicadas, or locusts.
- 2locust (tree) (false acacia) acacia (f) blanca (carob) algarrobo (m)
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.