- 1 [Zoology/Zoología] langosta (f), chapulín (m) (Mexico/México)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Vast swarms of locusts have swept over South Sulawesi in the past few days, destroying rice and secondary crops.
- Swarms of locusts damaged crops and pastures across the state during the autumn.
- Insects such as the red locust, crickets, grasshoppers, and flying ants are collected in season and either fried with salt to make popular snacks or dried for later use.
- We get confused because both cicadas and locust emerge periodically.
- These are known as periodical cicadas but are also commonly called 17-year cicadas, 13-year cicadas, or locusts.
- 2locust (tree) (false acacia) acacia (f) blanca (carob) algarrobo (m)
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.