- 1 [Zoology/Zoología] langosta (f), chapulín (m) (Mexico/México)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Vast swarms of locusts have swept over South Sulawesi in the past few days, destroying rice and secondary crops.
- Swarms of locusts damaged crops and pastures across the state during the autumn.
- Insects such as the red locust, crickets, grasshoppers, and flying ants are collected in season and either fried with salt to make popular snacks or dried for later use.
- We get confused because both cicadas and locust emerge periodically.
- These are known as periodical cicadas but are also commonly called 17-year cicadas, 13-year cicadas, or locusts.
- 2locust (tree) (false acacia) acacia (f) blanca (carob) algarrobo (m)
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)