Translation of locust in Spanish:
- 1 [Zoology/Zoología] langosta (feminine), chapulín (masculine) (Mexico/México)Example sentences
- Vast swarms of locusts have swept over South Sulawesi in the past few days, destroying rice and secondary crops.
- Swarms of locusts damaged crops and pastures across the state during the autumn.
- Insects such as the red locust, crickets, grasshoppers, and flying ants are collected in season and either fried with salt to make popular snacks or dried for later use.
- We get confused because both cicadas and locust emerge periodically.
- These are known as periodical cicadas but are also commonly called 17-year cicadas, 13-year cicadas, or locusts.
- 2locust (tree) (false acacia) acacia (feminine) blanca (carob) algarrobo (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.