- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (accommodations) alojamiento (masculine)More example sentences1.2
(lodgings plural)(rented) to live in lodgings vivir en una habitación alquilada ( or en una pensión etc) I'm looking for lodgings estoy buscando alojamientoMore example sentences
- The remainder are in supported lodgings, community homes or in residential care.
- Both the New Town and the Old Town offer numerous lodgings in private houses and small family hotels.
- Cheap lodgings and a shift away from family entertainment have made the capital of glam a top business stop.
- Both are being given full board and lodging at the Royal Cliff Beach Resort and are guaranteed employment with the resort after completion of their subsidized training.
- You pay for administrative costs, for your board and lodging (absurdly cheap), and your air fare.
- Harvard offers generous aid and loans to cover its annual fees of around £17,000 plus board and lodging of £7,000, as do other top colleges.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.