Translation of lofty in Spanish:
adjective -tier, -tiest
- 1 (elevated, grand)Example sentences
- The GGA failed to live up to its lofty and noble ideals due largely to the self-serving nature of some of its less progressive members.
- It is a world where nobody aspires to anything lofty, noble, or daring, and where nobody must love another when such love is fragile, mysterious, and hard.
- A noble and lofty goal, the setup is an interesting one but the actual action is brutally difficult.
- 2 (haughty) his lofty mannersu altivez or su altaneríaExample sentences
- On no account is he an aloof, lofty person, but instead he eats and drinks with the Minjung, sometimes asking favours from them or vice versa, granting their requests.
- The conversational performance bar was high - not to any ridiculously lofty intellectual setting, but higher than I am generally used to in the general course of things.
- It has inspired essays by France's lofty intellectuals.
- 3 (high) [literary](room)
de techos altosExample sentences
- The 12 girls took to the lofty heights of Lugnaquilla to participate in a sponsored walk in aid of the Special Olympics.
- From the lofty heights of Neiphin Mountain, you can view the landscape from Keenagh all the way to Easkey.
- Giant yellow-poplars are remarkable for their lofty heights and barely tapering columnar shapes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.