- 1 (wood)(as fuel) leño (masculine)to be as easy as falling off a log to sleep like a log log firefuego (masculine) de leñaExample sentences
- Even though she knew that there would be no berries, for it was early fall, she walked deep into the woods and past fallen logs and trees to the same meadow that her mother had told her about.
- She went into the forest, slowing only enough to avoid trees and fallen logs.
- This group has a great diversity of roosting habits, including caves, hollow logs, tree branches, tunnels, and human houses.
- 2 2.1 (record)Example sentences2.2 (device for measuring speed)
- Solomon and Hart used Hudson Bay Company postal records and ships' logbooks to examine storm frequency and severity in the Beaufort Sea.
- The FAA acquired the aircraft logbooks, and months of investigation began.
- Most of the aircraft have no logbooks, have run-out engines and props, and need a lot of work.
- Traditionally, a vessel's speed was determined using a log and line - a float on the end of a line knotted at precise intervals and tossed overboard.
- One method of keeping direction, the log and the line, is generally discounted when a ship is sailing by compass correctly; this is true of the Pequod.
transitive verb -gg-
- 1.1 (record)(call)
Example sentences1.2 (accomplish)
- By the end of the month, the aircraft had logged about 26 hours of flying time during an equal number of test flights.
- The leading maxis were logging average speeds of between 13 and 15 knots and were still on course to smash the current crossing record of 14 days and five hours.
- Many of these aircraft have logged more than 20,000 hr.
anotarsehe has logged (up) 100 hours in the airtiene or ha hecho 100 horas de vuelo
- Even more worrying is the way enquiries are logged.
- Bugbear, another blended threat, spread through network shares but also logged keystrokes and functioned as a back door.
- She joined the summer fieldtrips in 2002 and 2003, and has been the lab scribe, logging the group's daily trials and travails.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.