- 1.1 (meat) lomo (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) loin chop chuleta (feminine) de lomo or de vacíoMore example sentences1.2
(loins plural)[Anatomy/Anatomía] [literary/literario] entrañas (feminine plural) son of my loins [literary/literario] hijo de mis entrañas [literary/literario] to gird (up) one's loins [literary/literario] prepararse para la lucha, ponerse* lanza en ristreMore example sentences
- Jamie ordered fillet of beef wrapped in pancetta with port, shallot and foie gras ravioli, while I chose the loin of venison with fresh sage and honeyed Armagnac sweetbreads.
- The house-smoked loin of pork is prepared on a Li'l Chief smoker (the kind you see at football tailgate parties).
- Distinctive dishes such as loin of pork cooked in milk, which reduces to provide a grainy sauce, appear in Italian and Spanish cooking.
More example sentences
- What is the diagnostic significance of microhaematuria in patients with pain in the loin or lower urinary tract symptoms?
- He suffered from pain in the loins, scanty urine, hematuria, and generalized edema.
- Only breast, rib cage and, less distinctly, loin and thigh are exposed.
- The feeling in his chest, and in his loins, returned.
- His body responded to his mind, flooding his loins, yet again.
- Does this young man wholly escape guilt of lust, simply because his gluttonous palate overbore his lustful loins?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.