- 1.1 (meat) lomo (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) loin chop chuleta (feminine) de lomo or de vacíoMore example sentences1.2
(loins plural)[Anatomy/Anatomía] [literary/literario] entrañas (feminine plural) son of my loins [literary/literario] hijo de mis entrañas [literary/literario] to gird (up) one's loins [literary/literario] prepararse para la lucha, ponerse* lanza en ristreMore example sentences
- Jamie ordered fillet of beef wrapped in pancetta with port, shallot and foie gras ravioli, while I chose the loin of venison with fresh sage and honeyed Armagnac sweetbreads.
- The house-smoked loin of pork is prepared on a Li'l Chief smoker (the kind you see at football tailgate parties).
- Distinctive dishes such as loin of pork cooked in milk, which reduces to provide a grainy sauce, appear in Italian and Spanish cooking.
More example sentences
- What is the diagnostic significance of microhaematuria in patients with pain in the loin or lower urinary tract symptoms?
- He suffered from pain in the loins, scanty urine, hematuria, and generalized edema.
- Only breast, rib cage and, less distinctly, loin and thigh are exposed.
- The feeling in his chest, and in his loins, returned.
- His body responded to his mind, flooding his loins, yet again.
- Does this young man wholly escape guilt of lust, simply because his gluttonous palate overbore his lustful loins?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.