- 1.1 (meat) lomo (m) (before n) loin chop chuleta (f) de lomo or de vacíoMore example sentences1.2
(loins pl)[Anat] [literario/literary] entrañas (fpl) son of my loins [literario/literary] hijo de mis entrañas [literario/literary] to gird (up) one's loins [literario/literary] prepararse para la lucha, ponerse* lanza en ristreMore example sentences
- Jamie ordered fillet of beef wrapped in pancetta with port, shallot and foie gras ravioli, while I chose the loin of venison with fresh sage and honeyed Armagnac sweetbreads.
- The house-smoked loin of pork is prepared on a Li'l Chief smoker (the kind you see at football tailgate parties).
- Distinctive dishes such as loin of pork cooked in milk, which reduces to provide a grainy sauce, appear in Italian and Spanish cooking.
More example sentences
- What is the diagnostic significance of microhaematuria in patients with pain in the loin or lower urinary tract symptoms?
- He suffered from pain in the loins, scanty urine, hematuria, and generalized edema.
- Only breast, rib cage and, less distinctly, loin and thigh are exposed.
- The feeling in his chest, and in his loins, returned.
- His body responded to his mind, flooding his loins, yet again.
- Does this young man wholly escape guilt of lust, simply because his gluttonous palate overbore his lustful loins?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Each of the 55 different administrative areas into which Spain is divided is called a provincia. Each provincia includes a main city or town, sometimes more, depending on its social and economic power. The provincial capital usually has the same name as the province.