Translation of loin in Spanish:
- 1.1 (meat) (before noun) loin chopchuleta (feminine) de lomo or de vacíoExample sentences1.2
also: loins plural(Anatomy) [literary]son of my loins [literary] to gird (up) one's loins [literary]entrañas (feminine plural)prepararse para la luchaponerse lanza en ristreExample sentences
- Jamie ordered fillet of beef wrapped in pancetta with port, shallot and foie gras ravioli, while I chose the loin of venison with fresh sage and honeyed Armagnac sweetbreads.
- The house-smoked loin of pork is prepared on a Li'l Chief smoker (the kind you see at football tailgate parties).
- Distinctive dishes such as loin of pork cooked in milk, which reduces to provide a grainy sauce, appear in Italian and Spanish cooking.
- What is the diagnostic significance of microhaematuria in patients with pain in the loin or lower urinary tract symptoms?
- He suffered from pain in the loins, scanty urine, hematuria, and generalized edema.
- Only breast, rib cage and, less distinctly, loin and thigh are exposed.
- The feeling in his chest, and in his loins, returned.
- His body responded to his mind, flooding his loins, yet again.
- Does this young man wholly escape guilt of lust, simply because his gluttonous palate overbore his lustful loins?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.