adj (-lier, -liest)
- 1.1 (feeling alone) I was very lonely me sentía muy solo she lives alone, but she says she never feels lonely no vive con nadie pero dice que nunca se siente sola my lonely evenings mis noches de soledad it can be a lonely life as a film star la vida de una estrella de cine puede ser muy solitariaMore example sentences1.2 (isolated) [spot/farm] solitario, aislado
More example sentences
- Living as she is was miserable and lonely with no friends or loved ones to care about her.
- The new girl's supposed to be lonely and have no friends for at least a month and a half.
- She could not understand how such a great elf with so many wonderful subjects and friends could be so lonely.
- You can reach the mountain top and find it a desolate and lonely place.
- He and his wife have shifted from the City to this lonely place just to look after the garden.
- This is a lonely place with buildings shy of one another and spaced well apart, typical of Scottish Highland villages.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Junta Autonómica is the name given to the governments of Spain's autonomous regions, with the exception of Catalonia and Valencia's Generalitat and Galicia's Xunta.