adj (-lier, -liest)
- 1.1 (feeling alone) I was very lonely me sentía muy solo she lives alone, but she says she never feels lonely no vive con nadie pero dice que nunca se siente sola my lonely evenings mis noches de soledad it can be a lonely life as a film star la vida de una estrella de cine puede ser muy solitariaMore example sentences1.2 (isolated) [spot/farm] solitario, aislado
More example sentences
- Living as she is was miserable and lonely with no friends or loved ones to care about her.
- The new girl's supposed to be lonely and have no friends for at least a month and a half.
- She could not understand how such a great elf with so many wonderful subjects and friends could be so lonely.
- You can reach the mountain top and find it a desolate and lonely place.
- He and his wife have shifted from the City to this lonely place just to look after the garden.
- This is a lonely place with buildings shy of one another and spaced well apart, typical of Scottish Highland villages.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.