- 1→ lonelyExample sentences
- When the old woman's health weakened, Gina had offered to spend her solitary days with another lonesome soul, since she really had nothing better to do anyway.
- The Russian travels for about six months a year and this solitary pursuit would leave anyone lonesome, explaining the accompaniment of his wife on his travels across the world.
- It was sunset and leading from her back was a solitary shadow, looking more lonesome than ever.
- 2all on or by one's lonesome (US) [colloquial]solito y desamparado [colloquial]Example sentences
- That is less than the equivalent would cost you for eating the same on your lonesome in Paris or New York.
- What am I gonna do in a van all on my lonesome, huh?
- I've lived on my lonesome for abut 5 months now and have realised that there are a number of things which need to be discussed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.