Translation of long-distance in Spanish:
- [truck driver] que hace largos recorridos; [train/bus] de largo recorrido; [race/runner] de largo recorrido a long-distance telephone call una llamada de larga distancia, una conferencia (interurbana) (Spain/España)Example sentences
- Her husband was a long-distance lorry driver operating within the United Kingdom.
- The heady aroma of diesel and agarbatti brings to mind the dash and swagger of long-distance bus and truck drivers.
- The temptation to become a long-distance lorry driver is still there.
- Sunday will feature a long-distance race for catamarans and keelboats.
- At the outset I assumed I would end up with two sprinters, two milers and two long-distance runners.
- This year's toll of four deaths is grimly shocking and raises questions about the safety of such long-distance races.
adverb/adverbio (long distance)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.