Translation of long-distance in Spanish:
- (truck driver)
que hace largos recorridos(train/bus)
de largo recorrido(race/runner)a long-distance telephone call
de largo recorridouna llamada de larga distancia
una conferencia (interurbana) (Spain)Example sentences
- Her husband was a long-distance lorry driver operating within the United Kingdom.
- The heady aroma of diesel and agarbatti brings to mind the dash and swagger of long-distance bus and truck drivers.
- The temptation to become a long-distance lorry driver is still there.
- Sunday will feature a long-distance race for catamarans and keelboats.
- At the outset I assumed I would end up with two sprinters, two milers and two long-distance runners.
- This year's toll of four deaths is grimly shocking and raises questions about the safety of such long-distance races.
also: long distance adverb
- (American English) to call long distancehacer una llamada de larga distancia
poner una conferencia (Spain)Example sentences
- Anyone wishing to travel long-distance in a hurry goes by plane.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.