Translation of long-distance in Spanish:
- (truck driver)que hace largos recorridos(train/bus)de largo recorrido(race/runner)a long-distance telephone callde largo recorridouna llamada de larga distanciauna conferencia (interurbana) (Spain)Example sentences
- Her husband was a long-distance lorry driver operating within the United Kingdom.
- The heady aroma of diesel and agarbatti brings to mind the dash and swagger of long-distance bus and truck drivers.
- The temptation to become a long-distance lorry driver is still there.
- Sunday will feature a long-distance race for catamarans and keelboats.
- At the outset I assumed I would end up with two sprinters, two milers and two long-distance runners.
- This year's toll of four deaths is grimly shocking and raises questions about the safety of such long-distance races.
also: long distance adverb
- (American English) to call long distancehacer una llamada de larga distanciaponer una conferencia (Spain)Example sentences
- Anyone wishing to travel long-distance in a hurry goes by plane.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to