noun/nombreu and c
- (nostalgia) añoranza (feminine), nostalgia (feminine); (desire) vivo or vehemente deseo (masculine)longing
forsth/sb she was overcome with longing for her own country sintió una gran añoranza or nostalgia de su país he felt a great longing for her la echaba muchísimo de menos there was a longing for a return to peace había un vivo deseo de que volviera la pazMore example sentences
- The longings and legitimate desires for approval, acceptance and understanding are cut off.
- Give yourself the breathing room necessary to feel your deepest longings and desires.
- It signifies the love and longings of the women who make it.
- (before noun/delante del nombre) nostálgico
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.