Translation of longing in Spanish:
noun/nombreu and c
- (nostalgia) añoranza (feminine), nostalgia (feminine); (desire) vivo or vehemente deseo (masculine)longing
forsth/sb she was overcome with longing for her own country sintió una gran añoranza or nostalgia de su país he felt a great longing for her la echaba muchísimo de menos there was a longing for a return to peace había un vivo deseo de que volviera la pazExample sentences
- The longings and legitimate desires for approval, acceptance and understanding are cut off.
- Give yourself the breathing room necessary to feel your deepest longings and desires.
- It signifies the love and longings of the women who make it.
- (before noun/delante del nombre) nostálgico
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.