Translation of lookout in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (watch) (no plural/sin plural) to be on the lookout for sth/sb andar* a la caza de algo/algn they were advised to be on the lookout se les advirtió que estuvieran alerta(s) or ojo avizor (before noun/delante del nombre) lookout post puesto (masculine) de observaciónExample sentences1.2 (person) [Military/Militar] vigía (masculine and feminine) the gang needs him to act as lookout la banda lo necesita para que haga de guardia or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [colloquial/familiar] para que haga de campana or (Mexico/México) [colloquial/familiar] para que les eche aguas or (Chile) [colloquial/familiar] para que haga de loro 1.3 (place) atalaya (feminine), puesto (masculine) de observación
- The witness denied under cross-examination that she had exaggerated what she heard at the toilet or that she and the other boy had acted as lookouts.
- One minute they're playing video games, the next they're acting as lookouts for patrols of militia men.
- Other members of the gang acted as lookouts while one of the men walked into the office and out of the store with the cash.
- Keiko watched patiently as the soldier one hundred metres away from their spot continued his patrol on the walls and entered the lookout tower adjoining the city walls.
- After metal detectors and searches, I was let in through two gigantic automated gates, watched from a lookout tower.
- From the lookout area, the view embraces the valley
- 2 2.1 (prospect) (British English/inglés británico) (no plural/sin plural) panorama (masculine), perspectivas (feminine plural) 2.2 (concern) [colloquial/familiar] problema (masculine) that's your lookout ese es tu problema, ese es asunto tuyoExample sentences
- When a trust feels under pressure to set its own standards of political correctness from fear of an employment tribunal (self censorship) it is a bad lookout for medicine.
- If Erik's secrets cease to be Erik's secrets, it will be a bad lookout for a goodly number of the human race!
- It is a bad lookout, boys - a very bad lookout. There, don't talk about it any more. I do not want to make your mother unhappy.
- A few hundred meters from the entrance, there is a fine lookout over the plain.
- You'll see a beautiful hemlock stand, a fine lookout and acidic Bat Lake.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the