- (fool)necio, (-cia) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Prizes should be delivered to the TV director who cut to their box in time to catch him grinning like a loon, boffing a balloon about with his feet and hands.
- Here, a sheepish young yakuza is ordered to kill his insane boss but things go awry when his elder disappears in a town full of loons, zombies, and halfwits.
- And for another, hanging them on your lapel makes you look like a dork, or worse yet a loon.
- (American English) (bird)somorgujo (masculine)Example sentences
- The first, innocuous shower stroked the lake's surface but, when the wind came up, the loons began to call madly.
- Only those who have heard the sound of a loon or a wolf call can truly sympathise with the poet about the beauty of the sound: ‘The wolves howl with a loneliness that is only theirs.’
- This year, the artists showcased their talent with birds for a theme competition, each displaying the delicate feathers of every bird, from eagles to loons.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.