- 1 (bird) somorgujo (masculine)More example sentences
- The first, innocuous shower stroked the lake's surface but, when the wind came up, the loons began to call madly.
- Only those who have heard the sound of a loon or a wolf call can truly sympathise with the poet about the beauty of the sound: ‘The wolves howl with a loneliness that is only theirs.’
- This year, the artists showcased their talent with birds for a theme competition, each displaying the delicate feathers of every bird, from eagles to loons.
- 2 (fool) [archaic/arcaico] necio, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences
- Prizes should be delivered to the TV director who cut to their box in time to catch him grinning like a loon, boffing a balloon about with his feet and hands.
- Here, a sheepish young yakuza is ordered to kill his insane boss but things go awry when his elder disappears in a town full of loons, zombies, and halfwits.
- And for another, hanging them on your lapel makes you look like a dork, or worse yet a loon.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)