Translation of loosen in Spanish:
- 1.1 (partially dislodge)(tooth)1.2 (make less tight) I had to loosen my beltshe loosened her grip on the steering wheeltuve que aflojarme el cinturónit loosens the bowelsdejó de apretar con tanta fuerza el volante1.3 (make less compact)tiene efecto laxante(soil)Example sentences
- The girl to our right, in complementary pinks and peach colors, lifts her face as she loosens the tight black collar around her neck.
- She shook her head in acknowledgment, and went to Glory, loosening the tied reins.
- His fingers threaded through her tight chignon and loosened it.
- (knot/bolt)aflojarsesoltarseExample sentences
- At the end of the holiday, I was starting to feel the knots in my shoulders loosen and my mind start to clear after all the drama and stress of the past few months.
- Her head rested on his shoulder and her body loosened.
- Amy's shoulders loosened and Hart gently trod back to sit quietly by her side.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to