Translation of loosen in Spanish:
- 1.1 (partially dislodge)(tooth)
aflojarExample sentences1.2 (make less tight) I had to loosen my belt
tuve que aflojarme el cinturónshe loosened her grip on the steering wheeldejó de apretar con tanta fuerza el volanteit loosens the bowelstiene efecto laxante1.3 (make less compact)(soil)
- The girl to our right, in complementary pinks and peach colors, lifts her face as she loosens the tight black collar around her neck.
- She shook her head in acknowledgment, and went to Glory, loosening the tied reins.
- His fingers threaded through her tight chignon and loosened it.
- At the end of the holiday, I was starting to feel the knots in my shoulders loosen and my mind start to clear after all the drama and stress of the past few months.
- Her head rested on his shoulder and her body loosened.
- Amy's shoulders loosened and Hart gently trod back to sit quietly by her side.
- 1verb + adverb 1.1 (physically)
entrar en calor1.2 (emotionally)
relajarse2verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object 2.1 (physically)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.