Translation of lotus in Spanish:
noun plural lotuses
- Example sentences
- Wild rice could have been found in the deeper waters of the backwater sloughs along with white water lily, American lotus, arrowleaf, duckweeds, and pondweed.
- If your pond is at least three feet deep, you can experiment with wild rice, water lotus, and water lily.
- All water lilies and lotuses studied have aerenchyma.
- The music is inspired by the Ancient Greek myth of island dwellers whose diet of fruit from the lotus tree makes them forget their past troubles.
- The starving men ate the fruit, but Ulysses quickly understood that the lotus fruit destroyed men's memories.
- The Asian sacred lotus represents the highest branch on the botanical family tree that shows heat generation.
- In one popular depiction, he sits on a lotus flower between the Hindu gods Brahm and Indra and creates a vast number of lotuses all with himself seated in their centers.
- Two Swords are crossed in inner and outer conflict today but the flowering lotus, a symbol of love, in the middle of the two swords brings peace and compromise.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.