Translation of lounge in Spanish:
- (on ship, in hotel) salón (masculine); (in house) (British English/inglés británico) sala (feminine) (de estar), living (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) , salón (masculine) (especially Spain/especialmente España) TV lounge sala or salón de la televisiónExample sentences
- A few months ago, I was relaxing in the coffee lounge of a large hotel after an anniversary dinner with my wife.
- Two girls worked in the library, one in the club office, and the rest were spread out in the preparation room and the club lounge, where there was an icecream counter.
- Discussions are still taking place as to whether the new meeting room will be a bookable room or a lounge exclusively for campus clubs.
- The house has a lounge / family room, kitchen cum dining room, sitting room, four bedrooms, a utility room and a bathroom.
- Firemen say it may have been started by candles which were left burning in the lounge of the semi-detached house.
- Police are treating as suspicious a blaze which wrecked the lounge of a house in Bedford.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (laze) to lounge around o about no hacer* nada, holgazanear I spent the weekend lounging around me pasé el fin de semana sin hacer nada or holgazaneando 1.2 (loll) he lounged in his chair estaba repanti(n)gado or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) repatingado en su sillón they were lounging against the bar estaban apoyados en la barra
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.