Translation of lounge in Spanish:
- (on ship, in hotel)(in house) (British English)TV loungesala or salón de la televisiónExample sentences
- A few months ago, I was relaxing in the coffee lounge of a large hotel after an anniversary dinner with my wife.
- Two girls worked in the library, one in the club office, and the rest were spread out in the preparation room and the club lounge, where there was an icecream counter.
- Discussions are still taking place as to whether the new meeting room will be a bookable room or a lounge exclusively for campus clubs.
- The house has a lounge / family room, kitchen cum dining room, sitting room, four bedrooms, a utility room and a bathroom.
- Firemen say it may have been started by candles which were left burning in the lounge of the semi-detached house.
- Police are treating as suspicious a blaze which wrecked the lounge of a house in Bedford.
- 1.1 (laze) See examples: to lounge around o aboutI spent the weekend lounging aroundno hacer nada1.2 (loll) See examples: he lounged in his chairme pasé el fin de semana sin hacer nada or holgazaneandothey were lounging against the barestaba repanti(n)gado or (in Latin America also) repatingado en su sillónestaban apoyados en la barraExample sentences
- It's been a day for idleness, for loafing about, for lounging, dozing, snacking and dozing some more.
- Sitting at a settee, Geneva lounged on it luxuriously while Margaret found the letter.
- The gas logs blazed as I lounged in my recliner and watched television with the beeper on the table.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.