Translation of lounge in Spanish:
- (on ship, in hotel)(in house) (British English)TV lounge
sala (feminine) (de estar)
living (masculine) (Latin America)
salón (masculine) (especially Spain)sala or salón de la televisiónExample sentences
- A few months ago, I was relaxing in the coffee lounge of a large hotel after an anniversary dinner with my wife.
- Two girls worked in the library, one in the club office, and the rest were spread out in the preparation room and the club lounge, where there was an icecream counter.
- Discussions are still taking place as to whether the new meeting room will be a bookable room or a lounge exclusively for campus clubs.
- The house has a lounge / family room, kitchen cum dining room, sitting room, four bedrooms, a utility room and a bathroom.
- Firemen say it may have been started by candles which were left burning in the lounge of the semi-detached house.
- Police are treating as suspicious a blaze which wrecked the lounge of a house in Bedford.
- 1.1 (laze) to lounge around o aboutno hacer nadaI spent the weekend lounging around
holgazanearme pasé el fin de semana sin hacer nada or holgazaneando1.2 (loll) he lounged in his chairestaba repanti(n)gado or (in Latin America also) repatingado en su sillónthey were lounging against the barestaban apoyados en la barraExample sentences
- It's been a day for idleness, for loafing about, for lounging, dozing, snacking and dozing some more.
- Sitting at a settee, Geneva lounged on it luxuriously while Margaret found the letter.
- The gas logs blazed as I lounged in my recliner and watched television with the beeper on the table.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.