Translation of lousy in Spanish:
adjective -sier, -siest
- 1 1.1 (bad) [colloquial](food/weather)a lousy film/party
asqueroso [colloquial]una película/fiesta malísimauna película/fiesta de mierda [vulgar]we had a lousy timelo pasamos pésimo or ( (Spain) tb) fatal [colloquial]that's the lousiest trick in the book¡qué cochinada más grande! [colloquial]he's a lousy drivermaneja or (Spain) conduce pésimoI'm feeling lousy todayhoy me siento pésimohoy estoy fatal (Spain) [colloquial]I'm lousy at languages/spellingsoy un desastre para los idiomas/en ortografía [colloquial]I got a lousy $50me saqué 50 cochinos dólares [colloquial]me saqué 50 chingados dólares (Mexico) [vulgar]Example sentences
- Thus, the fight to improve lousy schools so that poor, bright children stand a better chance of getting to good universities on merit is utterly undermined.
- As usual, it's overwhelmingly the rich who get the pleasure while the poor put up with lousy services and fares which have rocketed since deregulation.
- Initially, customers groused about a grinding gear shift, poor air-conditioning, and lousy tires.
Example sentences1.2 (swarming) [slang] (predicative) to be lousy
- If we want to discourage violence and aggression in our country, we need to look at its causes and I doubt that all this anger stemmed from a few lousy films!
- Of course, after that incident, she seemed less than inclined to go see those lousy, no-good idiots anyway.
- You enjoy seeing me suffer, don't you, you no-good, lousy harpy of a nurse?
- I came down with a cold the day Max and I flew out of Seattle, and I was very cranky to think that I was going to be sick and feeling lousy all weekend.
- I was feeling lousy and sick and rowed as badly as I had at the beginning of the week.
- If you get a little behind each day, by the end of the week you'll be severely dehydrated, feeling lousy, and riding poorly.
withsomethinghe was lousy with moneyestaba forrado (de dinero) [colloquial]estaba podrido en plata or (Spain) podrido de dinero [colloquial]the place was lousy with copsel lugar estaba plagado de policíasExample sentences
- This town is lousy with cows.
- Every corner of this town, every street is lousy with associative action.
- The area was lousy with saloons, dime museums, oyster bars, minstrel theaters, and establishments promising women in varying states of undress.
- 2 (infested with lice)(hair/child)
lleno or plagado de piojosExample sentences
- This camp was lousy with lice and fleas, and it wasn't long before I was as lousy as the rest of the boys there.
- He was lousy with lice. If I hadn't hugged him he would have bothered me all afternoon.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.