Translation of lovely in Spanish:
adjective -lier, liest
- 1.1 what a lovely house!¡qué casa más preciosa or más bonita!some of the loveliest verses in English literaturealgunos de los versos más hermosos de la literatura inglesawhat a lovely baby!¡qué niño más rico or mono! [colloquial]the weather was lovelyhacía un tiempo buenísimo or preciosowe had a lovely timelo pasamos estupendo or muy bienthis soup is lovelyesta sopa está riquísima or buenísimait was lovely to see them againfue un gran placer volver a verlosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (as intensifier) (especially British English) it was lovely and warm by the fire
- This addition to the lake will add much to the area and will attract more people to view its lovely scenery.
- He had taken a lovely, sweet, beautiful girl and hurt her terribly, all in the name of revenge.
- The cabins were located on the side of hill with lots of deck room, clean amenities inside and lovely views.
se estaba muy calentito or a gusto junto al fuegothe coffee was lovely and strongel café estaba bien fuerte, riquísimo
- Those who made the effort to come along enjoyed a lovely meal and an enjoyable night.
- When I rang a few days later she was having a lovely time, marvelling particularly about the scenery.
- I admit to having a crush on him - he has the most gorgeous brown eyes, a wonderful smile and a lovely sense of humour.
noun plural -lies
- [colloquial]Example sentences
- He was with 10 friends who were all eyeing a succession of naked lovelies when one girl approached the celebrity and suggested they drink some shots together.
- I called over the girl that was hovering around, protecting all the lovelies in that corner of the room.
- Surrounded by so many young lovelies (I have often wondered if there are any girls over 25 in Pattaya), how can we compete?
- So, until I'm back my lovelies, until Tuesday when I'm sat at my desk, tired, flat and wishing I'd finished the marketing flier before I'd left, until then have a lovely, lovely weekend.
- ‘Hello lovelies,’ croons Carrie into the shop window, addressing a perfect pair of pink and green shoes.
- Oh, my lovelies, if only I could talk about my job.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.