Translation of lovely in Spanish:
adjective -lier, liest
- 1.1 what a lovely house!some of the loveliest verses in English literature¡qué casa más preciosa or más bonita!what a lovely baby!algunos de los versos más hermosos de la literatura inglesathe weather was lovely¡qué niño más rico or mono! [colloquial]we had a lovely timehacía un tiempo buenísimo or preciosothis soup is lovelylo pasamos estupendo or muy bienit was lovely to see them againesta sopa está riquísima or buenísimafue un gran placer volver a verlosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (as intensifier) (especially British English) it was lovely and warm by the fire
- This addition to the lake will add much to the area and will attract more people to view its lovely scenery.
- He had taken a lovely, sweet, beautiful girl and hurt her terribly, all in the name of revenge.
- The cabins were located on the side of hill with lots of deck room, clean amenities inside and lovely views.
the coffee was lovely and strongse estaba muy calentito or a gusto junto al fuegoel café estaba bien fuerte, riquísimo
- Those who made the effort to come along enjoyed a lovely meal and an enjoyable night.
- When I rang a few days later she was having a lovely time, marvelling particularly about the scenery.
- I admit to having a crush on him - he has the most gorgeous brown eyes, a wonderful smile and a lovely sense of humour.
noun plural -lies
- [colloquial]Example sentences
- He was with 10 friends who were all eyeing a succession of naked lovelies when one girl approached the celebrity and suggested they drink some shots together.
- I called over the girl that was hovering around, protecting all the lovelies in that corner of the room.
- Surrounded by so many young lovelies (I have often wondered if there are any girls over 25 in Pattaya), how can we compete?
- So, until I'm back my lovelies, until Tuesday when I'm sat at my desk, tired, flat and wishing I'd finished the marketing flier before I'd left, until then have a lovely, lovely weekend.
- ‘Hello lovelies,’ croons Carrie into the shop window, addressing a perfect pair of pink and green shoes.
- Oh, my lovelies, if only I could talk about my job.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to