Translation of lovely in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-lier, liest)
- 1.1 [face/hair/voice/figure] precioso, bonito, lindo (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) ; [person/nature] encantador, amoroso (Latin America/América Latina) what a lovely house! ¡qué casa más preciosa or más bonita! some of the loveliest verses in English literature algunos de los versos más hermosos de la literatura inglesa what a lovely baby! ¡qué niño más rico or mono! [colloquial/familiar] the weather was lovely hacía un tiempo buenísimo or precioso we had a lovely time lo pasamos estupendo or muy bien this soup is lovely esta sopa está riquísima or buenísima it was lovely to see them again fue un gran placer volver a verlosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (as intensifier/como palabra enfática) (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) it was lovely and warm by the fire se estaba muy calentito or a gusto junto al fuego the coffee was lovely and strong el café estaba bien fuerte, riquísimo
- This addition to the lake will add much to the area and will attract more people to view its lovely scenery.
- He had taken a lovely, sweet, beautiful girl and hurt her terribly, all in the name of revenge.
- The cabins were located on the side of hill with lots of deck room, clean amenities inside and lovely views.
- Those who made the effort to come along enjoyed a lovely meal and an enjoyable night.
- When I rang a few days later she was having a lovely time, marvelling particularly about the scenery.
- I admit to having a crush on him - he has the most gorgeous brown eyes, a wonderful smile and a lovely sense of humour.
noun/nombre (plural -lies)
- [colloquial/familiar] belleza (feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...