Translation of lover in Spanish:
- 1 (partner in love) to take a lover (dated or humorous)buscarse un/una amanteecharse un/una amante [colloquial]lovers' lanecallejón (masculine) de los enamoradosExample sentences
- The two of them quickly pair off and start swapping sexual secrets and tales of past lovers.
- It is not at all clear what motivated her in her relations with her lovers.
- She is my lover, my mistress, and she has betrayed me in the worst possible way.
- 2 (fan)lover
ofsomethingamante (masculine or feminine)he's a lover of fine food I'm no animal lover dealgono me gustan los animalesmusic-lovers
no soy muy amante de los animaleslos aficionados a or los amantes de la música
los melómanosExample sentences
- He was a great lover of music, animals, and country life and enjoyed tennis and golf.
- From the start the festival has proved a popular draw with jazz lovers by offering good music, mostly for free.
- I think the easiest way to sum it up would be, I'm a lover of acoustic music, I always have been.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.