- 1 (partner in love) amante (mf) to take a lover [dated or hum] buscarse* or [familiar/colloquial] echarse un/una amante lovers' lane callejón (m) de los enamoradosMore example sentences
- The two of them quickly pair off and start swapping sexual secrets and tales of past lovers.
- It is not at all clear what motivated her in her relations with her lovers.
- She is my lover, my mistress, and she has betrayed me in the worst possible way.
- 2 (fan) lover
ofsth amante (mf) dealgo he's a lover of fine food es un amante de la buena mesa I'm no animal lover no me gustan los animales, no soy muy amante de los animales music-lovers los aficionados a or los amantes de la música, los melómanosMore example sentences
- He was a great lover of music, animals, and country life and enjoyed tennis and golf.
- From the start the festival has proved a popular draw with jazz lovers by offering good music, mostly for free.
- I think the easiest way to sum it up would be, I'm a lover of acoustic music, I always have been.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)