Translation of loyalty in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (quality, state) lealtad (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (allegiance) (often plural/frecuentemente plural) loyalty
- Despite their ongoing loyalty to the museum, both are well aware of its limitations.
- Thus national loyalty is actually quite different from loyalty to a country.
- They have no loyalty to a ruling class that exploits them and represses them while claiming some higher unity.
tosb/sth lealtad (feminine) aalgn/algo the Civil War produced many cases of divided loyalties la guerra civil produjo muchos casos de conflicto de lealtadesExample sentences
- Meanwhile, younger fans lose interest quickly and often don't develop strong loyalties.
- All the talk before this match was of friendships strained and family loyalties divided.
- But at the base the state depends on people whose loyalties may waver at key moments.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.