Translation of loyalty in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (quality, state) lealtad (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (allegiance) (often plural/frecuentemente plural) loyalty
- Despite their ongoing loyalty to the museum, both are well aware of its limitations.
- Thus national loyalty is actually quite different from loyalty to a country.
- They have no loyalty to a ruling class that exploits them and represses them while claiming some higher unity.
tosb/sth lealtad (feminine) aalgn/algo the Civil War produced many cases of divided loyalties la guerra civil produjo muchos casos de conflicto de lealtadesExample sentences
- Meanwhile, younger fans lose interest quickly and often don't develop strong loyalties.
- All the talk before this match was of friendships strained and family loyalties divided.
- But at the base the state depends on people whose loyalties may waver at key moments.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.