- 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] pastilla (feminine) cough lozenge pastilla para la tosMore example sentences1.2 (shape) rombo (masculine)
More example sentences
- But don't give hard candy, cough drops or throat lozenges to children under 4.
- Our medicine cabinets are stocked with throat lozenges, painkillers and antiseptic creams designed to restore us to immediate health after the slightest scratch.
- For a sore throat, try lozenges obtained from your chemist, who is pleased to offer advice.
- The windows with the lozenge pattern of leading are all found in pictures thought to have been painted in the late 1650s.
- At the left of the screen was a lozenge shape circled in red.
- The English method for dealing with hot boiled ham is to glaze it with brown sugar and mustard or fruit juice, and decorate by scoring the fat in a lozenge pattern and studding it with whole cloves.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.