Translation of lucid in Spanish:
- 1.1 (clear, clear-headed) [style/account] lúcido she was completely lucid estaba perfectamente lúcidaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (luminous) [literary/literario] luminoso, lúcido [literary/literario]
- It's written in very concrete language, very lucid, easy to understand.
- Critics have noted his careful research, objectivity, and a lucid and understated but straightforward writing style.
- The marketing effort, articulated in a lucid style, has been superb.
- However, during a lucid interval he did give instructions to plead, but, if they had the benefit of the reports now before the court, the defence would have opted for a different course of action.
- Is it possible to conceive of madness without lucid intervals?
- We have heard from several people that close relatives with Alzheimer's disease became amazingly lucid for short periods of time after receiving narcotic pain relievers.
- It is a lucid, bright day, and a lush tree looms across the window.
- It is empty space, though space that is bright and lucid.
- What a wonderful place the city had been to leave, as I looked down at it through the free and lucid air, the plane pitching in the thunderstorm which loomed as usual over Kenscoff.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.