- 1.1 [sign/watch] luminoso; [eyes/sky] luminosoMore example sentences1.2 [energy/flux/intensity] luminoso
More example sentences1.3 [literario/literary] [speaker/speech] lúcido; [style/prose] claro
- The luminous sun shone brightly over a small cottage in the middle of a long forest as it was setting down.
- A cheap, luminous dial or illuminated watch with large numbers is quite handy.
- The building was dark, the pews a deep red, and the stained glass windows luminous as the sun shined through them.
- Recent advances in technology have made production of luminous radiation that is perceived by the human eye as white light and that can replace conventional light sources.
- First, a technical point, Lux is a measure of illuminance, or luminous fLux per unit area, and so the corresponding quantity would be irradiance, or Watts per square meter.
- That leaves 2.9% who actually know what luminous intensity means.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.