- 1.1 [sign/watch] luminoso; [eyes/sky] luminosoMore example sentences1.2 [energy/flux/intensity] luminoso
More example sentences1.3 [literary/literario] [speaker/speech] lúcido; [style/prose] claro
- The luminous sun shone brightly over a small cottage in the middle of a long forest as it was setting down.
- A cheap, luminous dial or illuminated watch with large numbers is quite handy.
- The building was dark, the pews a deep red, and the stained glass windows luminous as the sun shined through them.
- Recent advances in technology have made production of luminous radiation that is perceived by the human eye as white light and that can replace conventional light sources.
- First, a technical point, Lux is a measure of illuminance, or luminous fLux per unit area, and so the corresponding quantity would be irradiance, or Watts per square meter.
- That leaves 2.9% who actually know what luminous intensity means.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.