Translation of lure in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- atraer* he was lured by the offer of a higher salary lo atrajeron ofreciéndole un sueldo más alto it was easily lured into the trap fue fácil hacer que cayera en la trampa a ruse to lure the enemy out into the open una treta para que el enemigo saliera al descubiertoExample sentences
- He lured both girls into his car under the guise he was a punter and then drove them several miles away.
- Until now the emphasis was more on luring foreign tourists to the country and the domestic travellers have been missed out.
- Donaldson is accused of luring his wife into the disused house on the caravan site at Crianlarich, where he had stored a box of large fireworks.
- 1 c and u (attraction) atractivo (masculine)
- 3 countable/numerable (in angling) cebo (masculine) artificial, señuelo (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.