- atraer* he was lured by the offer of a higher salary lo atrajeron ofreciéndole un sueldo más alto it was easily lured into the trap fue fácil hacer que cayera en la trampa a ruse to lure the enemy out into the open una treta para que el enemigo saliera al descubiertoMore example sentences
- He lured both girls into his car under the guise he was a punter and then drove them several miles away.
- Until now the emphasis was more on luring foreign tourists to the country and the domestic travellers have been missed out.
- Donaldson is accused of luring his wife into the disused house on the caravan site at Crianlarich, where he had stored a box of large fireworks.
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.
- 1.1 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable (attraction) atractivo (masculine)More example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (enticement, bait) señuelo (m), aliciente (m)
More example sentences
- A chance to fight at the Olympics is obviously hugely attractive as is the lure of the professional game where there is so much money to be made.
- We have seen our skilled nurses and teachers packing up as a result of the lure of more attractive overseas packages.
- I can't resist the lure of an attractive handbag, especially if it is small and sparkly.
More example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (in angling) cebo (m) artificial, señuelo (m) 1.4 countable/numerable (in falconry) señuelo (m), reclamo (m)
- Effective and safe trapping requires knowledge of the habits of beaver, habitat conditions, and presence of nontarget animals as well as knowledge of the trap and lures.
- Ramsbottom has largely shed its image as an industrial centre to become a lure for young families and professionals.
More example sentences
- I will divide this section into two, dealing with trolling with lures and baits.
- Side planers are used to troll lures and baits well out to the side of a moving boat.
- The usual assortment of spinnerbaits, swimming plugs, topwater lures and soft plastics is sufficient to test the potential of most small and relatively shallow ponds.
- Then I noticed something moving - a feathery lure, waving back and forth like a fishing rod.
- Hawk owls are routinely attracted to the small lure from nearly a mile away.