Translation of lure in Spanish:
- he was lured by the offer of a higher salarylo atrajeron ofreciéndole un sueldo más altoit was easily lured into the trapfue fácil hacer que cayera en la trampaa ruse to lure the enemy out into the openuna treta para que el enemigo saliera al descubiertoExample sentences
- He lured both girls into his car under the guise he was a punter and then drove them several miles away.
- Until now the emphasis was more on luring foreign tourists to the country and the domestic travellers have been missed out.
- Donaldson is accused of luring his wife into the disused house on the caravan site at Crianlarich, where he had stored a box of large fireworks.
- 1 countable and uncountable (attraction)Example sentences
- A chance to fight at the Olympics is obviously hugely attractive as is the lure of the professional game where there is so much money to be made.
- We have seen our skilled nurses and teachers packing up as a result of the lure of more attractive overseas packages.
- I can't resist the lure of an attractive handbag, especially if it is small and sparkly.
- 2 countable (enticement, bait)Example sentences
- Effective and safe trapping requires knowledge of the habits of beaver, habitat conditions, and presence of nontarget animals as well as knowledge of the trap and lures.
- Ramsbottom has largely shed its image as an industrial centre to become a lure for young families and professionals.
- I will divide this section into two, dealing with trolling with lures and baits.
- Side planers are used to troll lures and baits well out to the side of a moving boat.
- The usual assortment of spinnerbaits, swimming plugs, topwater lures and soft plastics is sufficient to test the potential of most small and relatively shallow ponds.
- 3 countable (in angling)cebo (masculine) artificial
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.