Translation of lurid in Spanish:
- 1.1 (sensational) [details/tale] escabroso, morboso; [imagination] morbosoExample sentences1.2 (garish) [color/garment] chillón, chabacano, charro (Latin America/América Latina) [colloquial/familiar]
Example sentences1.3 (glowing) [sky/sunset] refulgente 1.4 (pallid) [literary/literario] pálido, desvaído
- Playing at or discussing sex - even in graphic lurid detail - isn't really anything to freak out about.
- Newspapers also report, in lurid and graphic detail, cases of abuse that these women experience.
- Within an hour of hearing this news I was assailed by the first of countless journalists and by next morning my son's death was in every paper in the most lurid of terms.
- These effects are sometimes too lurid to be pleasant.
- These prints are evenly saturated with color and a bright, almost lurid light of a consistent value.
- She will however, still be perched behind a glass of lurid colour, only this time it will be decorated with umbrella, sparkler and assorted fruitery.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the