Translation of lurid in Spanish:
- 1.1 (sensational)(imagination)
morbosoExample sentences1.2 (garish)
Example sentences1.3 (glowing)
- Playing at or discussing sex - even in graphic lurid detail - isn't really anything to freak out about.
- Newspapers also report, in lurid and graphic detail, cases of abuse that these women experience.
- Within an hour of hearing this news I was assailed by the first of countless journalists and by next morning my son's death was in every paper in the most lurid of terms.
(sky/sunset)1.4 (pallid) [literary]
- These effects are sometimes too lurid to be pleasant.
- These prints are evenly saturated with color and a bright, almost lurid light of a consistent value.
- She will however, still be perched behind a glass of lurid colour, only this time it will be decorated with umbrella, sparkler and assorted fruitery.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.