Translation of lurid in Spanish:
- 1 (sensational)(imagination)
- Playing at or discussing sex - even in graphic lurid detail - isn't really anything to freak out about.
- Newspapers also report, in lurid and graphic detail, cases of abuse that these women experience.
- Within an hour of hearing this news I was assailed by the first of countless journalists and by next morning my son's death was in every paper in the most lurid of terms.
- 2 (garish) (color/garment)charro (Latin America) [colloquial]Example sentences
- These effects are sometimes too lurid to be pleasant.
- These prints are evenly saturated with color and a bright, almost lurid light of a consistent value.
- She will however, still be perched behind a glass of lurid colour, only this time it will be decorated with umbrella, sparkler and assorted fruitery.
- 3 (glowing)(sky/sunset)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.