- 1.1 (poem) poema (m) líricoMore example sentences1.2
(lyrics pl)[Mus] letra (f) the lyrics of the song la letra de la canciónMore example sentences
- And each string was a different poem, a different lyric organized around a distinct, intense emotion.
- His verse is both metrically and formally experimental, ranging from satire to love lyric, from sonnet to verse epistle, from elegy to hymn.
- Interpreting a poem as a symptom or instance of features of the lyric, for example, might be unsatisfactory hermeneutics but a useful contribution to poetics.
- She shows you lyrics and sheet music, and you quickly see why she loves Sinatra so much.
- In the second verse, the ad leaves out some of the spoken word or background lyrics of the song.
- The colours are bright, the music uptempo and the lyrics consistently engaging here.
- 1.1 [poetry/poet] líricoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [soprano/tenor] lírico
- Thus, in a number of discussions, I may have shown a little too much brain to one of my tennis partners, a writer of lyric poetry.
- Granted, the poets had the advantage of including among their number Matt Miller, an aspiring writer of lyric verse who happened to have been a defensive starter at Yale five years ago.
- For both writers, charm is more than music: it signifies the power of truthful expression in lyric poetry and polemical prose.
More example sentences
- Fitzgerald, a fine lyric poet, neglected today, was able to accommodate his gifts to the buoyancy and basic serenity of the Odyssey.
- I had heard a good deal about Holderlin, that he was the great nineteenth - century lyric poet of Germany.
- Famed in his day as patriot, satirist, and foe to tyranny, Marvell was virtually unknown as a lyric poet.
- In the concluding ‘Wunderhorn’ song, Ying Huang sang with musicality and charm in a soaring lyric soprano voice.
- As we began working with the keys in which her songs were written, she simply poked around on the piano with her pointer finger, singing the scales with her lovely lyric voice.
- Although the tenor blew out his lovely lyric voice years ago, long before his bout with and recovery from leukemia, that doesn't seem to bother his fans.