Translation of lyrical in Spanish:
- (Literat)lleno de lirismoto wax lyrical about something/somebody [humorous]he waxed lyrical about the painting/about herpuso el cuadro/la puso por las nubes
se deshizo en elogios hablando de la pintura/de ellaExample sentences
- Here the creaky melodrama is swept away by Tchaikovsky's lyrical music.
- Everybody must have this recording in their collection: It is the most sublime music and sophisticated and lyrical jazz ever recorded.
- The lyrical art writing of John Ashbery, Bill Berkson, and Peter Schjeldhal has obvious affinities with Pater's.
- Yet Seferis survived all this, and the lyrical anguish of the poetry is his testament.
- Since he writes neither drama nor epic, he said, his poetry can only be lyrical.
- He was portrayed as a brilliant lyrical poet, but an ineffectual dreamer whose poetry improved when he outgrew his youthful radicalism.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.