Translation of lyrical in Spanish:
- [Literat] lleno de lirismo to wax lyrical about sth/sb [humorous/humorístico] he waxed lyrical about the painting/about her puso el cuadro/la puso por las nubes, se deshizo en elogios hablando de la pintura/de ellaExample sentences
- Here the creaky melodrama is swept away by Tchaikovsky's lyrical music.
- Everybody must have this recording in their collection: It is the most sublime music and sophisticated and lyrical jazz ever recorded.
- The lyrical art writing of John Ashbery, Bill Berkson, and Peter Schjeldhal has obvious affinities with Pater's.
- Yet Seferis survived all this, and the lyrical anguish of the poetry is his testament.
- Since he writes neither drama nor epic, he said, his poetry can only be lyrical.
- He was portrayed as a brilliant lyrical poet, but an ineffectual dreamer whose poetry improved when he outgrew his youthful radicalism.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.