Translation of ma'am in Spanish:
- (as form of address/como título de cortesía) señora; (to a younger woman) señorita; (to royalty) MajestadExample sentences
- He responded with a polite ‘Yes, ma'am,’ to a series of questions from the judge, posed to determine his knowledge of the charges against him.
- Thereafter, if you do become drawn into a conversation, it is perfectly acceptable to address her as ma'am, Lord Crathorne says.
- With all due respect, ma'am, it would be best for you to hire someone other than yourself to put Caci through some intense therapy.
- ‘There's no secret, ma'am,’ Mr. Revere said, ‘we were speaking only of the famous beauty of Boston.’
- I have called the doctor, and he is speaking to Mr. Cartwright now, ma'am.
- Should I bring out your evening dress, ma'am?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.