- (as form of address) señora; (to a younger woman) señorita; (to royalty) MajestadMore example sentences
More example sentences
- He responded with a polite ‘Yes, ma'am,’ to a series of questions from the judge, posed to determine his knowledge of the charges against him.
- Thereafter, if you do become drawn into a conversation, it is perfectly acceptable to address her as ma'am, Lord Crathorne says.
- With all due respect, ma'am, it would be best for you to hire someone other than yourself to put Caci through some intense therapy.
- ‘There's no secret, ma'am,’ Mr. Revere said, ‘we were speaking only of the famous beauty of Boston.’
- I have called the doctor, and he is speaking to Mr. Cartwright now, ma'am.
- Should I bring out your evening dress, ma'am?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Each of the 55 different administrative areas into which Spain is divided is called a provincia. Each provincia includes a main city or town, sometimes more, depending on its social and economic power. The provincial capital usually has the same name as the province.