- (Art, History, Military)Example sentences
- These weapons, such as clubs, maces, axes, and hammers, are as old as warfare and are certainly the oldest form of weapon wielded by man and his ancestors.
- He and his troops were well-equipped with glaives, maces, battle axes, and long bows.
- There were at least eight guards there, holding weapons from maces to swords to lances.
- (Cookery)Example sentences
- Among the spices specified are ginger, nutmeg, mace, cloves, and saffron; caraway seeds seem always to have been included.
- Before La Varenne, court cuisine had over-emphasized the use of sugar and such sweet spices as cloves, mace, cardamom or nutmeg.
- Spices such as coriander, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, mace and nutmeg are ideal for winter soups and paprika helps provide a rich colour, says Bridget Jones.
- (tear gas)(gas para defensa personal)Example sentences
- But it would be just my luck if the girl of my dreams took a dislike to me, had a big can of Mace and an itchy trigger finger.
- You can't pull your gun, no Mace - why don't we just arm-wrestle to see if you go to jail?
- [But] why put deadbolt locks on your doors and stock up on cans of Mace and then decide to leave your windows open?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.