Translation of machine in Spanish:
- 1.1 (device) máquina (feminine)(sewing machine)máquina (feminine) (de coser)(vending machine)máquina (feminine) (expendedora), distribuidor (masculine) automático(washing machine)lavadora (feminine), máquina (feminine) (de lavar), lavarropas (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) it's machine made está hecho a máquina I got $20 out of the machine saqué 20 dólares del cajero (automático) (before noun/delante del nombre) the machine age la era de las máquinas or de la mecanización machine error error (masculine) de máquina machine operator operario, (masculine, feminine) machine room sala (feminine) de máquinas machine shop taller (masculine) de máquinas 1.2 (car, motorbike) máquina (feminine); (aircraft) aparato (masculine)Example sentences1.3 (system, organization) aparato (masculine) the party machine [Politics/Política] el aparato del partido
- Waves over 25 ft high destroyed homes along the Florida coast and a nursing home lost all power meaning desperately-needed oxygen machines could not function.
- I find that he cannot now perform the machine programming functions which mainly occupied him during his twenty-two years with his former employer.
- If you hear the hard disk working furiously and the green light on the front of the computer is very busy, then the machine is performing a task.
- An alliance of the most powerful and violent military machines in the world will never bring peace.
- Local government was controlled by one of the most powerful political machines in the nation, and that machine was largely the province of one man.
- For all the claims of ‘control freakery’, the evidence seems to reveal a government machine influenced by a powerful sense of things being out of control.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Technology/Tecnología] [metal/edge] trabajar a máquina; (on lathe) tornear 1.2 (sewing) coser a máquina
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.