Translation of machine in Spanish:
- 1.1 (device)also: sewing machinealso: vending machinealso: washing machineit's machine madeI got $20 out of the machineestá hecho a máquina(before noun) the machine agesaqué 20 dólares del cajero (automático)machine errorla era de las máquinas or de la mecanizaciónmachine operatorerror (masculine) de máquinamachine room machine shopoperario, (-ria) (masculine, feminine)1.2 (car, motorbike)taller (masculine) de máquinas(aircraft)Example sentences1.3 (system, organization) the party machine (Politics)
- Waves over 25 ft high destroyed homes along the Florida coast and a nursing home lost all power meaning desperately-needed oxygen machines could not function.
- I find that he cannot now perform the machine programming functions which mainly occupied him during his twenty-two years with his former employer.
- If you hear the hard disk working furiously and the green light on the front of the computer is very busy, then the machine is performing a task.
- An alliance of the most powerful and violent military machines in the world will never bring peace.
- Local government was controlled by one of the most powerful political machines in the nation, and that machine was largely the province of one man.
- For all the claims of ‘control freakery’, the evidence seems to reveal a government machine influenced by a powerful sense of things being out of control.
- 1.1 (Technology)(metal/edge)trabajar a máquina(on lathe)1.2 (sewing)coser a máquinaExample sentences
- The bottom-water sampler was a slender, reinforced rod with finely machined discs of brass at either end.
- Made of brass, it was machined specifically to each caliber chambered in the 99 so that feeding cartridges was smooth, flawless and in a straight line.
- Kalyani's Bharat Forge - which supplies high value added products like machined crankshafts and connecting rods - already has a niche in the Chinese market.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to