- 1.1 (as title) señora (feminine) Dear Madam (in letters) Estimada Señora Madam President/Chairman señora presidenta/directora (as form of address/como título de cortesía) señoraMore example sentences1.2 (of brothel) madam(e) (feminine), madama (feminine), regenta (feminine) (Chile)
More example sentences1.3 (bossy girl) (British English/inglés británico) [pejorative/peyorativo] she's a proper little madam! mira que aires or importancia se da la mocosa esta [colloquial/familiar] (as form of address/como título de cortesía) señorita
- Madam Speaker: Please allow the member to complete his answer in silence.
- Madam Speaker, we are a city that cares about its future.
- Madam Secretary, I'll start with you.
More example sentences
- As long as brothel madams and their prostitutes paid their monthly fines and sought to keep drunkenness, violence, theft and other disorderly behavior to a minimum, the police left them alone.
- The 45-year-old mother of four is a millionaire entrepreneur who made her fortune as a brothel madam on the Kalgoorlie goldfields.
- If you like I could always send a note to Eileen, the madam of the brothel, getting her to collaborate my story.
- ‘I cannot possibly imagine myself wearing those,’ the proper madam muttered with utmost conviction.
- Now, young madam, let me wager a month's salary that you, like so many of our sisters these days, are the proud and confident wearer of the latest hipsters.
- The little madams ' fancy then turned to donkey rides, which were quickly arranged.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to