Translation of madam in Spanish:
- 1.1 (as title)señora (feminine)Dear Madam (in letters)Estimada SeñoraMadam President/Chairmanseñora presidenta/directora(as form of address)
señoraExample sentences1.2 (of brothel)
Example sentences1.3 (bossy girl) (British English) [pejorative]she's a proper little madam!
- Madam Speaker: Please allow the member to complete his answer in silence.
- Madam Speaker, we are a city that cares about its future.
- Madam Secretary, I'll start with you.
mira que aires or importancia se da la mocosa esta [colloquial](as form of address)
- As long as brothel madams and their prostitutes paid their monthly fines and sought to keep drunkenness, violence, theft and other disorderly behavior to a minimum, the police left them alone.
- The 45-year-old mother of four is a millionaire entrepreneur who made her fortune as a brothel madam on the Kalgoorlie goldfields.
- If you like I could always send a note to Eileen, the madam of the brothel, getting her to collaborate my story.
- ‘I cannot possibly imagine myself wearing those,’ the proper madam muttered with utmost conviction.
- Now, young madam, let me wager a month's salary that you, like so many of our sisters these days, are the proud and confident wearer of the latest hipsters.
- The little madams ' fancy then turned to donkey rides, which were quickly arranged.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.