Translation of magic in Spanish:
- black/white magicmagia negra/blancaas if by magiccomo por arte de magia or ( (Spain) tb) de birlibirloquethere's no magic about itno tiene nada de especial, (si) es muy fácil or sencillothe magic of springtimela magia de la primaverathe place has lost its magic for meel lugar ha perdido el encanto para míExample sentences
- The second half was magic, beautiful, brilliant, particularly when in the 22nd or 23rd minute of the half Peter Withe scored.
- This show appeals to all ages with its exciting, fast-paced story, fantastic images and beautiful puppet magic.
- It is being staged by Ian Judge, a director who does not always find depth in a work but is guaranteed to bring a quality of pleasing theatrical magic.
de magiaalfombra (feminine) /varita (feminine) mágicathere's no magic remedy that can cure itno hay ningún remedio milagroso que lo cureI obviously don't have your magic touchestá claro que yo no tengo ese arte especial que tú tienessay the magic word! (used to children)(say thank you, please) ¿qué se dice?(say abracadabra) di la palabra mágicaExample sentences
- The eye-catching clusters of life-size Winnie the Pooh bears seem to have a magic power that locks your gaze onto them.
- From thence he made his way to Egypt - there, if possible, to learn the art of working wonders by magic spells.
- During the trial, Roulet testified that his lycanthropic ability was the result of a magic salve in his possession.
- 2(enchanting) (moment/beauty)
- The purpose of this book is simple: to help people make the most of their own magic moments with orchids.
- Expect a fancy dress competition, choral warm-up and ‘crazy magic moments with the help of your free fun-filled goody bag’.
- They had not been warned that it was a busman's holiday and that they were going to be sharing their magic moment with an ever-shifting, never-thinning crowd.
transitive verb -ck-
- to magic something up/awaysacar algo/hacer desaparecer algo como por arte de magia or ( (Spain) tb) de birlibirloqueExample sentences
- The report simply says that an alternative route will need to be found for buses but it is far from evident how any such alternative route can be magicked up.
- Four more veggie meals were magicked out of thin air.
- Whole posts can be magicked away by a couple of ill-considered key presses - without even taking your hand off the keyboard.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.