Translation of mahogany in Spanish:
noun plural -nies
- 1.1 uncountable (wood)(before noun) (furniture)de caobaExample sentences1.2 countablemahogany (tree) 1.3 uncountable (color)
(before noun)Example sentences
- Artisans carve objects (ranging from wall hangings to furniture) from mahogany and other tropical hardwoods.
- The furniture was all mahogany and classic looking.
- Stockpiles of pine, cherry, hickory, cedar, hard pine, and mahogany were inventoried in the pattern shop.
- Her deep red hair was the rich colour of mahogany and her eyes were a warm leaf green.
- Folly has now been followed up with the release of a second, stronger offering, Executioner, a 4.5 per cent dark beer, with a rich mahogany, almost reddish colour.
- There was one girl next to her about the same height as Kelsey with rich wavy mahogany hair, a spray of freckles on her face, and dark, chocolate eyes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the