- 1 (woman) [arch or liter] doncella (f) [arc o liter]More example sentences
More example sentences
- She was humming to herself an enchanting melody, and the young Count stood there entranced by the fair young maiden.
- In the meantime, not far off from where the battle was, a young and fair maiden was riding abroad on her beautiful white stallion, Evelyn.
- These constricted walkways close one in but then open into wide courtyards where young maidens dance around wells, their sing-song voices light and lustrous.
- This paper deals with another manifestation of mortuary garlanding - the custom of making maidens ' garlands for deceased young female virgins.
- The end of the rite is a year early, and virginal women have gathered to burn their tassels in the presence of the King who is expected to choose his 17th wife from the maidens.
- Maidens and bachelors who want husbands and wives can dance for their mates.
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.
- 1.1 (unmarried) soltera, solterona [peyorativo/pejorative] maiden aunt tía (f) soltera or [peyorativo/pejorative] solteronaMore example sentences1.2 (inaugural) [flight/speech] inaugural her maiden budget su primer presupuesto
More example sentences
- With her death, the Eakins household consisted of three unmarried sisters, a maiden aunt, Tom, and his widowed father.
- The Baldwins reminded me of many such maiden ladies I knew back in the Little Town.
- And when I went to school it was a whole generation, all the teachers were all maiden ladies, and I think all of their young men went away and never came back.
- A North Yorkshire couple whose Mediterranean cruise came to an abrupt end when their ship broke down 15 hours into its maiden voyage say they can't wait to get back on board.
- In his maiden budget speech Jaswant Singh acknowledged the growth contributed by industry in the current fiscal and talked of consolidating the growth further.
- Anand had won this tournament in his maiden attempt in 1989 and also in 1998, 2003 and now in 2004.