Translation of maiden in Spanish:
- 1 (woman) [archaic or liter][arcaico o liter]Example sentences
- She was humming to herself an enchanting melody, and the young Count stood there entranced by the fair young maiden.
- In the meantime, not far off from where the battle was, a young and fair maiden was riding abroad on her beautiful white stallion, Evelyn.
- These constricted walkways close one in but then open into wide courtyards where young maidens dance around wells, their sing-song voices light and lustrous.
- This paper deals with another manifestation of mortuary garlanding - the custom of making maidens ' garlands for deceased young female virgins.
- The end of the rite is a year early, and virginal women have gathered to burn their tassels in the presence of the King who is expected to choose his 17th wife from the maidens.
- Maidens and bachelors who want husbands and wives can dance for their mates.
adjective (before noun)
- 1.1 (unmarried)1.2 (inaugural)solterasolterona [pejorative](flight/speech)her maiden budgetsu primer presupuestoExample sentences
- A North Yorkshire couple whose Mediterranean cruise came to an abrupt end when their ship broke down 15 hours into its maiden voyage say they can't wait to get back on board.
- In his maiden budget speech Jaswant Singh acknowledged the growth contributed by industry in the current fiscal and talked of consolidating the growth further.
- Anand had won this tournament in his maiden attempt in 1989 and also in 1998, 2003 and now in 2004.
- With her death, the Eakins household consisted of three unmarried sisters, a maiden aunt, Tom, and his widowed father.
- The Baldwins reminded me of many such maiden ladies I knew back in the Little Town.
- And when I went to school it was a whole generation, all the teachers were all maiden ladies, and I think all of their young men went away and never came back.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than