Translation of maiden in Spanish:
- 1 (woman) [archaic or liter] doncella (feminine) [arcaico o liter]Example sentences
- She was humming to herself an enchanting melody, and the young Count stood there entranced by the fair young maiden.
- In the meantime, not far off from where the battle was, a young and fair maiden was riding abroad on her beautiful white stallion, Evelyn.
- These constricted walkways close one in but then open into wide courtyards where young maidens dance around wells, their sing-song voices light and lustrous.
- This paper deals with another manifestation of mortuary garlanding - the custom of making maidens ' garlands for deceased young female virgins.
- The end of the rite is a year early, and virginal women have gathered to burn their tassels in the presence of the King who is expected to choose his 17th wife from the maidens.
- Maidens and bachelors who want husbands and wives can dance for their mates.
adjective/adjetivo(before noun/delante del nombre)
- 1.1 (unmarried) soltera, solterona [pejorative/peyorativo] 1.2 (inaugural) [flight/speech] inaugural her maiden budget su primer presupuesto
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an