Translation of maillot in Spanish:
- (tights) mallas (feminine plural); (bathing suit) traje (masculine) de baño, bañador (masculine), malla (feminine) (de baño) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , vestido (masculine) de baño (Colombia)Example sentences
- By the end of that century, the ballerina's long tutu and the premier danseur's tights, trunks and maillot became de rigueur and virtually standardized.
- Sculpted by the raking light, the bathers are russet and gold in the sun, vibrant in blue and red two-piece swimsuits, trunks, a maillot, absorbed in the folding of towels and blankets.
- Caitlin was surprised to find that despite being totally immersed in the pool, the white maillot she wore had not become soaking wet.
- She exhibits an understanding of the need to balance fashion and function in her sleek black maillot trimmed in white.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.