Translation of maintain in Spanish:
- 1 (continue, preserve)(speed/lead/attitude)
mantener(silence)if we maintain this rate, we shall finish by five o'clock
guardarsi mantenemos este ritmo, a las cinco ya habremos terminadoExample sentences
- It will try to ensure that the right conditions are maintained to stimulate continued growth in the sector.
- You are able to maintain stability in professional situations and retain a position of authority!
- Sino-Japanese cooperation will undoubtedly continue to aid in maintaining peace and stability in the Korean peninsula.
- He notes that the building is maintained in good condition.
- Neither side has the time or interest to maintain roads and buildings.
- In the meantime it would repair and maintain the crumbling buildings.
- 2 (keep in good condition)(house/garden/car/machine)
ocuparse del mantenimiento de(aircraft/database)
- 3 (provide for)(family/dependents)
- They were maintained under standard conditions and were fed standard food and water ad libitum.
- The horses were maintained on this diet throughout the study.
- Animals were maintained on a standard laboratory diet.
- However, like any military force today, maintaining a modern, well-equipped, and ready armed force is a challenge.
- Please let us know of your efforts to help train and maintain the Military Intelligence Corps.
- Each major political regime maintained its own separate military apparatus.
- 4 (claim) she maintains (that) George is innocentmantiene or sostiene que George es inocenteExample sentences
- I have always maintained that all protests should be acted upon so a precedent and case study is set for the future.
- Third, the idea/expression distinction should be strongly and vigorously maintained.
- Mrs Gaskin maintains that her husband always had access to their two children who had visited him regularly in jail.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.