- 1 (continuance) mantenimiento (masculine)More example sentences
- Elitism, on the contrary, is the denigration of art and its consequent maintenance as the preserve of an affluent and educated minority.
- Besides, there are other issues such as planning, execution, maintenance and preservation of greenery in Chennai.
- People must know that they all can have a say in the preservation and maintenance of this way of life.
- 2 (repairs) mantenimiento (masculine) I do all my own maintenance on the car/house hago todo el mantenimiento del coche/todos los arreglos de la casa yo mismo (before noun/delante del nombre) [contract/costs] de mantenimientoMore example sentences
- The appeal was launched 18 months ago and aims to fund essential maintenance work and the development of the Cathedral.
- I believe that the ‘well meaning’ owner Mr Talbot has said it is for the purposes of ‘essential maintenance work’.
- Bradford Council's head of highways John Blackburn, apologised for any inconvenience during the essential maintenance work.
- 3 (money) (British English/inglés británico) [Law/Derecho] pensión (feminine) alimenticia, alimentos (masculine plural) maintenance payment pago (masculine) (periódico) de alimentosMore example sentences
More example sentences
- An estimated 34% of new entrants benefited from some form of means-tested financial maintenance support.
- Try and sort out the financial position: maintenance, pensions, inheritance.
- By law he is obliged to, and does, contribute financially to their maintenance.
More example sentences
- English maintenance or alimony decrees can be lifelong.
- The most likely scenario would then be that the woman would be thrown out the house, left to her meager or nil resources to file claims for maintenance, alimony or custody of her children.
- It appears that the rules for alimony and maintenance support are the same as between heterosexual married couples, according to Byrne.
- That is why I referred to barratry and the old common law rules about maintenance and champerty.
- Consett Iron, which was a decision before criminal and tortious liability for maintenance and champerty were abolished by the Criminal Law Act 1967.
- His actions have a whiff of the old offence of maintenance and champerty, meddling in another's law suit for his own advantage.
- 4 (assertion) [formal] mantenimiento (masculine)
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to