Translation of making in Spanish:
- 1.1 (production, creation) a book about the making of the TV series un libro que trata de cómo se hizo la serie de televisión the encyclopedia has been nine years in the making ha llevado nueve años compilar la enciclopedia, la enciclopedia ha tardado nueve años en compilarse the opportunity to see a star in the making la oportunidad de ver a una estrella en ciernes a revolution in the making una revolución en gestación this is history in the making esto va a pasar a la historia her problems are of her own making ella se crea sus propios problemas the solution must be of your own making la solución tiene que salir de usted (mismo) they are involved in problems not of their making están metidos en problemas de los que no son responsables to be the making of sb/sth her years in New York were the making of her los años que pasó en Nueva York fueron decisivos (en su vida) the merger proved to be the making of Acmeco el éxito de Acmeco se debió a la fusiónExample sentences1.2
(makings plural)the makings
- For example, we developed every major innovation in the iron and steel making process.
- Moreover, actual decision making was more complex than simply one drug and its attendant cluster of factors.
- Should children not be involved in the actual making of those films?
ofsth you have the makings of a good story there allí tienes material or tienes todos los ingredientes para una buena historia she has the makings of a great actress es una gran actriz en ciernes or en potencia the novel has the makings of a TV series la novela tiene potencial para convertirse en una serie televisivaExample sentences
- Essentially, we now have the makings of a scrap over Britain's life companies that was predicted by this paper at the turn of the year.
- Put all these volatile elements together and we certainly have the makings of a heady, and potentially somewhat unstable, mixture for investment opportunities.
- The Penguins had all the makings of a Cup contender: a lethal offense, good goaltending, and good coaching.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas