Translation of male in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(animal/plant)
macho(hormone/sex)male bee male member [euphemistic]
masculinomiembro (masculine) viril [euphemistic]Example sentences
- The chromosome from the father determines whether the offspring becomes male or female.
- Thus, the benefits to offspring of male incubation may be reduced in various species.
- Some females even adjust the ratio of male to female offspring depending on the circumstances.
- The pollen grain is the male gametophytic phase of flowering plants.
- The path of pollen tubes has not been investigated, as male flowers were not available.
- Live oaks produce male flowers called catkins that bloom in hanging clusters.
masculino(workforce)male doctor male chauvinism male nurse male pill
de hombrespíldora (feminine) anticonceptiva masculinamale prostitutechapero (masculine) [slang]there were several male applicantsse presentaron varios candidatos varonesExample sentences
- We women in business are measured by how many male characteristics we have.
- The slow release of testosterone ensures that sex drive and male characteristics, such as body hair, are maintained.
- We know also that in animals the male hormone, testosterone, is related to dominance and aggression.
- 2 (Mechanics)(plug/thread)
- The fitting also includes a male end portion configured to engage female threads on the hub of the receptacle.
- Cut another small piece of pipe and attach male adapters on both ends.
- This audio cable with male connectors on each end is used with ISDN primary rate interfaces.
- (animal)(person) varón (masculine)I need a strong male to help me move this tablenecesito un hombre fuerte que me ayude a mover esta mesaExample sentences
- Common chimpanzees are very social animals, with males forming the closest bonds.
- Adult natal males were never observed to achieve intromission, so all complete copulations involved immigrants.
- Interactions among newborns, mothers, and adult males are rarely observed but are needed to distinguish between these hypotheses.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.