- 1 1.1 [animal/plant] macho; [hormone/sex] masculino male bee zángano (masculine) male member [euphemistic/eufemístico] miembro (masculine) viril [euphemistic/eufemístico]More example sentences
More example sentences
- The chromosome from the father determines whether the offspring becomes male or female.
- Thus, the benefits to offspring of male incubation may be reduced in various species.
- Some females even adjust the ratio of male to female offspring depending on the circumstances.
More example sentences1.2 [character/line/chorus/attitude] masculino; [workforce] de hombres male doctor médico (masculine), doctor (masculine) male chauvinism machismo (masculine) male nurse enfermero (masculine) male pill píldora (feminine) anticonceptiva masculina male prostitute prostituto (masculine), chapero (masculine) [slang/argot] there were several male applicants se presentaron varios candidatos varones
- We women in business are measured by how many male characteristics we have.
- The slow release of testosterone ensures that sex drive and male characteristics, such as body hair, are maintained.
- We know also that in animals the male hormone, testosterone, is related to dominance and aggression.
- The pollen grain is the male gametophytic phase of flowering plants.
- The path of pollen tubes has not been investigated, as male flowers were not available.
- Live oaks produce male flowers called catkins that bloom in hanging clusters.
- 2 [Mech] [plug/thread] machoMore example sentences
- The fitting also includes a male end portion configured to engage female threads on the hub of the receptacle.
- Cut another small piece of pipe and attach male adapters on both ends.
- This audio cable with male connectors on each end is used with ISDN primary rate interfaces.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the día de todos los santos, a day celebrated in many countries by honoring saints and, often, the departed. During this festival, Spanish people place flowers on the graves of loved ones.