Translation of male in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 [animal/plant] macho; [hormone/sex] masculino male bee zángano (masculine) male member [euphemistic/eufemístico] miembro (masculine) viril [euphemistic/eufemístico]Example sentences
- The chromosome from the father determines whether the offspring becomes male or female.
- Thus, the benefits to offspring of male incubation may be reduced in various species.
- Some females even adjust the ratio of male to female offspring depending on the circumstances.
Example sentences1.2 [character/line/chorus/attitude] masculino; [workforce] de hombres male doctor médico (masculine), doctor (masculine) male chauvinism machismo (masculine) male nurse enfermero (masculine) male pill píldora (feminine) anticonceptiva masculina male prostitute prostituto (masculine), chapero (masculine) [slang/argot] there were several male applicants se presentaron varios candidatos varones
- We women in business are measured by how many male characteristics we have.
- The slow release of testosterone ensures that sex drive and male characteristics, such as body hair, are maintained.
- We know also that in animals the male hormone, testosterone, is related to dominance and aggression.
- The pollen grain is the male gametophytic phase of flowering plants.
- The path of pollen tubes has not been investigated, as male flowers were not available.
- Live oaks produce male flowers called catkins that bloom in hanging clusters.
- 2 [Mech] [plug/thread] machoExample sentences
- The fitting also includes a male end portion configured to engage female threads on the hub of the receptacle.
- Cut another small piece of pipe and attach male adapters on both ends.
- This audio cable with male connectors on each end is used with ISDN primary rate interfaces.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.