- 1 1.1 [animal/plant] macho; [hormone/sex] masculino male bee zángano (masculine) male member [euphemistic/eufemístico] miembro (masculine) viril [euphemistic/eufemístico]More example sentences
More example sentences
- The chromosome from the father determines whether the offspring becomes male or female.
- Thus, the benefits to offspring of male incubation may be reduced in various species.
- Some females even adjust the ratio of male to female offspring depending on the circumstances.
More example sentences1.2 [character/line/chorus/attitude] masculino; [workforce] de hombres male doctor médico (m), doctor (m) male chauvinism machismo (masculine) male chauvinist machista (masculine) male menopause andropausia (feminine) male model modelo (masculine) (masculino) male nurse enfermero (masculine) male pill píldora (feminine) anticonceptiva masculina male prostitute prostituto (m), chapero (m) [slang/argot] there were several male applicants se presentaron varios candidatos varones
- We women in business are measured by how many male characteristics we have.
- The slow release of testosterone ensures that sex drive and male characteristics, such as body hair, are maintained.
- We know also that in animals the male hormone, testosterone, is related to dominance and aggression.
- The pollen grain is the male gametophytic phase of flowering plants.
- The path of pollen tubes has not been investigated, as male flowers were not available.
- Live oaks produce male flowers called catkins that bloom in hanging clusters.
- 2 [Mechanical Engineering/Mecánica] [plug/thread] machoMore example sentences
- The fitting also includes a male end portion configured to engage female threads on the hub of the receptacle.
- Cut another small piece of pipe and attach male adapters on both ends.
- This audio cable with male connectors on each end is used with ISDN primary rate interfaces.
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.
- (animal) macho (m); (person) varón (m) I need a strong male to help me move this table necesito un hombre fuerte que me ayude a mover esta mesaMore example sentences
- Common chimpanzees are very social animals, with males forming the closest bonds.
- Adult natal males were never observed to achieve intromission, so all complete copulations involved immigrants.
- Interactions among newborns, mothers, and adult males are rarely observed but are needed to distinguish between these hypotheses.