Translation of mallet in Spanish:
- 1.1 (tool) mazo (masculine)Example sentences1.2 [Sport/Deporte] (in polo) maza (feminine); (in croquet) mazo (masculine)
- Start your screw hole with an awl by tapping gently with a hammer or a soft-face mallet.
- Carpenters had mallets, hammers, drills, chisels, scrapers, planes, and copper saws at their disposal.
- The axe can then be hammered in further with a wooden mallet.
- For the piece titled Passageways, Toivanen set a croquet ball and mallet against the gallery wall, ready for play.
- He does like a polo mallet, he hits it and it goes flying over the table, and I'm saying, ‘Good shot.’
- I date men who knock me off my bike in bike polo by throwing a mallet at my spokes and watching me fall just like the boys.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas