Translation of manage in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (Business)(staff/team)
dirigir(land/finances/fund)who manages this branch?
administrar¿quién es el director or gerente de esta sucursal?
¿quién dirige esta sucursal?Example sentences
- Focus on experiences pertinent to operating and managing a farm business as well as community activities that you and your family are involved in.
- The business is managed by son Robert and daughters Helen and Jane.
- The elder son Ashok manages the business while the younger son helps him.
- I have just been promoted to supervisor in an insurance-claims office, managing a staff of 15.
- Mr Main has been head chef there for two years, managing a kitchen staff of 16.
- The sisters discovered that managing a staff of 15 with entrenched work practices was not easy.
Example sentences1.2 (manipulate)
- Free access to additional borrowings can make life easy for those who manage their money sensibly, but prove a disaster for spendthrifts.
- This should serve as a grim warning to those poised to embark on their university careers of the need to manage their money sensibly.
- The back office mobilises financial resources and manages funds.
- If family forest owners can convince the public that they are managing their lands for long-term sustainability, they believe that can lead to reduced regulations.
- In exchange, the landowners manage their land to provide habitat for the desired species.
- Family forest landowners (often known as tree farmers) take pride in managing their lands.
- 2 (handle, cope with) he seems unable to manage his lifeparece incapaz de organizar su vidathe situation was more than I could manageno pude con la situaciónshe managed the interview all right can you manage those suitcases on your own?¿puedes con esas maletas tú sola?she can't manage the stairsno puede subir la escaleraExample sentences
- They were spooked, but found a way to manage him.
- His mother cannot manage him due to his problems and there were also fears for his safety in the community if he was released, the court had also heard.
- It broke my heart to put her in there but doctors told me I wouldn't be able to manage her.
- 3 (indicating success, achievement) despite a poor start, he managed second placea pesar de que no empezó muy bien, obtuvo el segundo puestoI can manage 60 words per minutepuedo hacer 60 palabras por minutowhen do you want it? — can you manage it by lunchtime?¿para cuándo lo quiere? — ¿lo podrá tener listo para el mediodía?he managed a smileesbozó una sonrisa forzadaif you can't manage $5, give what you can affordsi no puedes dar cinco dólares, da lo que puedasI can't manage the meetingno puedo or no me es posible ir a la reunióncan you manage another helping?¿te sirvo un poco más?we could manage one more in the backatrás cabría una persona másto manage to +
infinitivelograr or poder +I managed to persuade them infinitivelogré or pude convencerlosshe finally managed to get to sleepfinalmente logró or pudo dormirsehave you managed to find out her address?¿has logrado or podido averiguar su dirección?I managed to get four ticketsconseguí or pude conseguir cuatro entradashow did they manage to get away with it?¿cómo se las arreglaron para salirse con la suya?do you think you could manage to be a little more specific/polite?¿te sería posible ser un poco más concreto/educado?he managed to lose the documents [ironic]se las arregló para perder los documentos [ironic]
- 2 (cope) can I help you? — thank you, I can manage¿me permite que la ayude? — gracias, yo puedo solahow's she managing on her own?¿qué tal se las arregla sola?they have to manage on $300 a weektienen que arreglarse or arreglárselas con 300 dólares a la semanawe can manage without them/their helppodemos arreglarnos or arreglárnoslas sin ellos/sin su ayuda
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.