- 1 uncountable/no numerable (act) 1.1 [Business/Comercio] dirección (feminine), administración (feminine), gestión (feminine) under new management bajo nueva dirección, cambio de firma she's studying management está estudiando administración de empresas (before noun/delante del nombre) [techniques/consultant] de administración or de gestión de empresas management chart organigrama (masculine) administrativo or de gestión management committee comité (masculine) directivo management services servicios (masculine plural) administrativos or de administración management trainee directivo, (masculine, feminine) en formación 1.2 (handling, control) gerencia (feminine), gerenciamiento (masculine) personnel management gestión (feminine) or gerencia (feminine) de personalMore example sentences
- It is becoming a model for environmental management and control.
- It also now provides courses on environmental management, photography and painting.
- But the impulses towards risk management and social control trump such wishes.
- 2 (managers) 2.1 (as group) (no article/sin artículo) (+ singular or plural verb/+ verbo en singular o plural) directivos (masculine plural) management and workers (of particular company) los directivos or la patronal y los trabajadores (as class) el empresario y los trabajadores senior management altos cargos (masculine plural) middle management mandos (masculine plural) or cuadros (masculine plural) (inter)medios 2.2 countable/numerable (of particular company) dirección (feminine), gerencia (feminine) the managements of the clubs [Sport/Deporte] las (juntas) directivas de los clubes a management decision una decisión de la dirección or gerenciaMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The course is run over a four week programme involving management and organisational skills.
- The Commission was given direct management responsibility in a number of areas.
- After all, management teams have clear responsibility for ensuring capital is effectively husbanded.
- This group includes the top managements of leading hotels in Chonburi including Pattaya.
- Recently, the Director of Matriculation Schools has sent letters to the managements to end the practice.
- However, none of the printing press managements seem to have chosen to obey this directive.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.