- de Manchester, InglaterraExample sentences
- When I was attending a storytelling school in June 2001, one of the leaders was a great teller from Manchester called Dave, with the most carefully cultivated and maintained Mancunian accent.
- The opening and closing ceremonies for the Commonwealth Games will draw on Mancunian culture to produce spectacular shows.
- After almost 30 years and countless band members, prolific Mancunian bard Mark E Smith is still as cantankerous and unpredictable as ever.
- (habitante o persona oriunda de Manchester, Inglaterra)Example sentences
- When I lived in Manchester that city managed to publish a pamphlet on notable Mancunians in history without mentioning Ann Lee anywhere.
- Nevertheless, a third of its inhabitants feel safe, compared with a quarter of Mancunians and only one in five Londoners.
- The 2002 Games didn't have to be too spectacular to exceed them, but they were spectacular, they were marked by the enthusiasm of Mancunians, and they ended up spectacularly exceeding expectations.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.