Translation of mandible in Spanish:
- 1.1 (lower jaw)mandíbula (feminine) inferiorExample sentences1.2 (of bird)
- The tongue is suspended from the inside of the mandible above the hyoid bone and has muscles with a range of different orientations.
- In the mandible, there are four incisors, two canines, four premolars, and six molars.
- Most use their maxillae and mandibles to take in food.
also: mandibles plural(of insect, crab)Example sentences
- The upper mandible of the bill is dark, and the legs are bright orange.
- Breeding adults have a laterally flattened horn on the upper mandible.
- The bill is a pinkish horn color and dark markings appear on the upper mandible.
- They crush the honeybees in their mandibles one after another until the bees are all dead.
- Centipedes were measured from the tip of the upper mandible to the posterior end of the last body segment.
- The trap-jaw ant fires its mandibles with such force to propel itself to the front of the pack.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than