- 1.1 (lower jaw) mandíbula (feminine) inferiorMore example sentences1.2 (of bird) mandíbula (feminine)
More example sentences1.3
- The tongue is suspended from the inside of the mandible above the hyoid bone and has muscles with a range of different orientations.
- In the mandible, there are four incisors, two canines, four premolars, and six molars.
- Most use their maxillae and mandibles to take in food.
(mandibles plural)(of insect, crab) pinzas (feminine plural)More example sentences
- The upper mandible of the bill is dark, and the legs are bright orange.
- Breeding adults have a laterally flattened horn on the upper mandible.
- The bill is a pinkish horn color and dark markings appear on the upper mandible.
- They crush the honeybees in their mandibles one after another until the bees are all dead.
- Centipedes were measured from the tip of the upper mandible to the posterior end of the last body segment.
- The trap-jaw ant fires its mandibles with such force to propel itself to the front of the pack.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.