- 1.1 (lower jaw) mandíbula (f) inferiorMore example sentences1.2 (of bird) mandíbula (f)
More example sentences1.3
- The tongue is suspended from the inside of the mandible above the hyoid bone and has muscles with a range of different orientations.
- In the mandible, there are four incisors, two canines, four premolars, and six molars.
- Most use their maxillae and mandibles to take in food.
(mandibles pl)(of insect, crab) pinzas (fpl)More example sentences
- The upper mandible of the bill is dark, and the legs are bright orange.
- Breeding adults have a laterally flattened horn on the upper mandible.
- The bill is a pinkish horn color and dark markings appear on the upper mandible.
- They crush the honeybees in their mandibles one after another until the bees are all dead.
- Centipedes were measured from the tip of the upper mandible to the posterior end of the last body segment.
- The trap-jaw ant fires its mandibles with such force to propel itself to the front of the pack.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)