Translation of mangetout in Spanish:
- (British English)arveja (feminine) or (Spain) guisante (masculine) or (especially Mexico) chícharo (masculine) mollarExample sentences
- Along with our meals came a dish of vegetables offering small tastings of cauliflower, broccoli, mangetouts, carrots and a larger helping of new potatoes.
- The next day, the remaining beef was sliced and marinated in soy, rice wine, garlic, sesame oil and cornflour, then tossed in a hot wok with soaked Chinese mushrooms, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts and mangetout, as in today's recipe.
- The dishes came with nicely cooked baby potatoes, carrots and mangetout.
Definition of mangetout in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.