Translation of manhood in Spanish:
- 1.1 (adulthood) madurez (feminine), edad (feminine) adulta ([ en un hombre ]) to reach manhood llegar* a la edad adultaExample sentences1.2 (adult males) (+ singular or plural verb/+ verbo en singular o plural) hombres (masculine plural)
Example sentences1.3 (virility) hombría (feminine), virilidad (feminine)
- Two men - a boy who grows into early manhood and an old ascetic priest, the lama - are at the centre of the novel.
- His early manhood was partly devoted to using the second to overcome the first.
- All Laotian men are expected to become monks, usually in early manhood, before marriage.
- The names of the fallen - sometimes a family's entire fine crop of young manhood - feature on those war memorials and on the roll of honour in memorial halls.
- His is an elusive quest for self despite prescriptive notions of manhood and sexual identity.
- These sports serve to define dominant masculinity, connecting manhood with violence and competitiveness and often marginalising girls and women.
- Their coach questions everything from their heart to their courage to their brains to their manhood to their commitment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.