- to make something manifestponer algo de manifiestoExample sentences
- It saves them from examining the manifest failings in their own actions
- Likewise, effects can be gradual, and may not be manifest or observable in animal systems until it is too late.
- If it does, it will be important to disobey it and have it tested in the courts, which one hopes will recognise its manifest absurdity.
- (Aviation, Nautical)Example sentences
- If you're a customs inspector at a port of entry you can send photos of cargos and manifests back to the office where someone can check them against computer records.
- The manifest of the Nigerian-registered ship said it was carrying 139 passengers.
- He listed himself as a farm laborer on the manifest of the ship and didn't even write his mother until the day the ship was going to sail.
- Akobi said the plane's manifest listed 156 passengers and an unknown number of crew.
- If we had a manifest from the airplane, or from the companies, we would pay the claim.
- Using the helicopter manifests, I counted the numbers of passenger-journeys and the numbers of flights for the complete months of September and October 1996.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.